Monday, October 22, 2007

rss feeds

i know this isn't in sequence - i tend to be looking at these things in my own order - going ahead and then jumping back to something i decided wasn't interesting (for myself) but then realising it was important to at least have a cursory glance!
but i really like the idea of feeds, i feel this helps me enormously in keeping in touch with what is out there and its my own personalised site. i've got a mixture of things such as The Age, The Australian, The Guardian - so covering my news needs both domestic and international in scope, and then employment feeds such as any new librarian jobs from Seek, ALIA and MyCareer - I like to be aware of any new positions even if i'm not looking myself - it's nice to know what's around.
lastly i've added National Geographic to feed through to me their latest news on environmental matters - i'm a huge fan of NG and have been since i was a child. and then after cruising around technorati i discovered the world's most visited blog is Boing Boing - so i've added that!

No comments: